Wednesday 16 June 2010

Thoughts on mass murderers

Mass murders are probably the most vilified people in society.

I don't know much about the evidence base but I would guess that a lot
of them would have had a bad childhood. They are a product of their
environment and upbringing.

I think the crime of mass murder is the worst thing a person can do. I
also think a mass murderer deserves compassion however in practice I
wouldn't know how I would react if the reality ever hit me. I've never
been affected by murder. Could I forgive the murderer of my child by
understanding that they are a product of life just as I am a product of
life?

I'll make no attempt to see the positive in murder.

The public, in general, have no compassion for mass murderer even if
they have a mental health condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"