Friday 12 November 2010

Link to videos by Adverse Psychiatric Reactions Information Link

http://vimeo.com/user1816628

APRIL is a charity started by a woman with heart. Millie Kieve began her
campaign 15 years ago after the tragic death of her daugher. She has
campaigned tirelessly against the inertia that every campaigner faces to
make sure what happened to her daughter happens to no one else.
www.april.org.uk

Her story is a haertbreaking one. I'll let her tell it in her own words.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2004/aug/17/health.lifeandhealth

She's on of a long list of unsung heroes in mental health, toiling away
in obscurity so people are safer from the dangers of medication, dangers
which doctors often seem to be ignorant about until there's a tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"