Monday 30 May 2011

Behold. I am made death. Destroyer of worlds.

The quote is from Shiva. The Hindu god of destruction and one of the most important of the core triumvirate.

I don't know why I'm thinking of it. It is in such contrast to other Hindu ideals.

The reason the destroyer is so powerful? Birth and creation can not happen without it. The two other gods are for birth and preservation, but Shiva was vaulted because without him Vishnu ans Brahma could not work.

I suppose doctors are like Shiva. They destroyed 1,800 people a year in the UK when they used psychiatric drugs on the elderly unnecessarily. There was no rebirth for those old folk though.

Just death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"