Monday 30 May 2011

Where have I been?

The last few days have been tough for lots of reasons.

Primarily it is the wreck which is my physical and mental health. That is all stuff I've faced alone for a long time.

I am taking antidepressant medication. I thought I could handle the side effects but taking them on an empty stomach washed down with alcohol is a way to intensify them. I hoped it would also accelerate the active effect.

I've been a mess for the past few days. The nausea has been difficult. They feel chemically too. This is hard to describe. I am usually ok with side effects but the mental place I was in meant they redoubled in impacting on me.

St johns wort is a much better option but for reasons I've explained in an earlier post I've had to take the strong stuff.

Indoingso I think I made things worse in the short term. I have given up when I contact a doctor and reach for psychiatric medication. So I've been doing less of the other things I should do to keep a good mental state. I just sat in my room playing facebook games. No fresh air. No exercise. No alcohol. No cannabis. All things which would make me worse. And I have been sleeping 12 hours or more for the past few days. No wonder I feel shit. And, of course, I am eating no better. Worse perhaps.

All that was easy enough but there's a new variable. I seem to care about someone else a lot and I had hoped to have a good weekend with her. I couldn't see her. Except perhaps for today. The whole weekend has been awful.

Today I felt good. I didn't eat nor take my medication yesterday. I slept a good 12hrs. Of course my beloved makes me feel better. But nothing else makes sense.

And so I have returned to the park. It is raining. I have a bottle of wine I'm working my way through.

I haven't thought about suicide much for the past few days either. This is strange, and scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"