Saturday 21 May 2011

I am tired of my own failure when there is really important shit going on

1.800 died every year in the UK when doctors chose to use antipsychotics on them.

I have failed to persuade you or anyone that this one piece of evidence shatters the medical paradigm.

Every doctor remembers their first words. The Hippocractic Oath. If they don't then they should quit the business.

I am a lay person. I know it only as "first do no harm" and implicitly the next line is "or suck on my choclate salty balls". The reason for the next line is because of my heartfelt belief in the ideals of healers. The first line is the ideal.

The drug was used as a behavioural agent in the community and it made life easier. The almost dead were docile and quickened to their death. This was sanctioned by doctors. Fucking ace. They'd never kill unnecessarily...right?

The royal college of psychiatry report where I quote the 1,800 a year figure from didn't do enough. Now doctors murder but are measured on how little they murder when they offer these drugs in the community.

It is, after all, murder when the option is to train carers to deal with the elderly since society seems to have forgotten that when the elderly get close to death they get cranky.

My own failure? I can't make people listen and hear and see.

Whatever I am I fail in my goals. My logic and shit is questionable. My evidence is hamstrung but persuasive. My argument is ropey yet at the same time it is hard to counter.

The treatment for dementia, as an illness, is regenrating brain matter. The treatment for the mental 'illness' is fucking with dopamine transmission to enable the same result as any other form of b ehavioural restraint or change agent. No treatment of illness was achieved by antipsychotics.

Oh shit. And did it kill everyone about 50% faster? No. Scientifically it killed some a shit lot quicker than others. 50% was the average. At leasted the one in the one study which promoted the royal college of psychiatrey report. The only one in modern times where life expectancy of a large number of people on antipsychotic medication is compared with a decent fucking control.

In really old people, where the effect is magnified, where there's use of antipsychotics, again because this is an observational thing and those people may be more close to death and further progressed and shit, there's a marked decrease in life expectancy.

Okay so their are criticisms but shit me...50%? It was enough for the royal college of psychiatry to admit manslaughter the likes of which the UK has never seen.


...


So I am clearly an extremist with poor communication skills. I fail day in and day out. People are already dead and many more are dying. I can't even fucking communicate that need.

2 fucking years?! What the fuck. That's all I have? This blog. I tried to do more but I got fucked on again by life and my own stupid hopefulness.

I drink while others die. I collapse inwards while others die. I make an informed choice about my death. When it comes. Others don't. They die because doctors don't do what they used to.

First....the reason that word is there is because it is important to remember what comes next...do no harm...those words are there because if something is going to hold stronger than a religion then no matter what time, no matter what world let the healers have one and only one dogma.

So I admit I also have some weird ideas but the rest of this shit. Well I just could have done better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"