Wednesday 18 May 2011

Can people be killed for being?

No.

Schizophrenic is a behavioural type. It is an individual. Like a homsexual.

They are treated because of a biological brain difference. This is the fundamental reason their type is pathologised as an illness.

Their type is treated with prophylatic use of antipsychotics. Treatment resistance demands the use of the most power chemical cosh.

Psychiatry's beloved chemcial behavioural modification agent is clozapine. It kills quickly or slowly but it changes behaviour. It doesn't even treat the biological component.

Fuck. Ain't that inappropriately funny? The classic, protoype and, most importantly I reckon, the ostensive (linked to a Kraeplinian prototype) is not biologically healed by the treatment. The treatment may change the brain in a negative way and reduce life expectancy. It is known as chemical restraint or the chemical cosh.

What was my point? Oh yeah, to stop schizophrenics being society kills them...one more drink me thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"