Sunday 1 May 2011

Notes on the campaign for job satisfaction

In an earlier post I've written about this idea based on health economics and some pretty fucking strong evidence. But I have no solutions.

I've come up with a simple one. Ask employees if they're happy with their job.

This isn't perhaps a new idea for large corporate companies which score high in league tables for best places to work. Call centres, factories and other blue collar workplaces or white collar offices where employment practices are poor could benefit from asking this question to staff.

Its still a shit idea. Companies don't ask the question because they don't want to. These companies don't give a shit about their staff unless they can ask this question. The answer can sometimes be hard and I know a lot of places which don't like hard answers.

Employees also need to be taught not to be supplicant and shy away from truthfully answering the question.

I'll come up with something better than this I think. Something weak which meets the objective.

Ha! As if!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"