Monday 2 May 2011

The rant I'm holding back on

For 2 years of work this is pretty pathetic. I'm slow though. Get there eventually though.

Basically I have to hold off on this because the study I'm proposing might exist. I don't think it does but I can be wrong.

The study is one which analyses treatments for schizophrenia based on what it used to be defined as by psychiatry and what patients and the public expect.

Schizophrenia is know by lay people as an experience involving significant delusions and hallucinations. Patients expect their treatment, at least their pharmocological treatment, to make the delusions or hallucinations stop.

I suggest that any good doctor would want the evidence to help their patients in this way. I suggest the hope antipsychotics are genuinely antipsychotic are why many doctors believe in the value of drugs which are also know as major tranquilisers or the chemical cosh.

The words are important when describing the concept. The word antipsychotic may be a lie.

It may not be though. Perhaps somewhere amongst all the trials there's evidence to say something is genuinely antipsychotic. It might be something like abilify or it might actually be clozapine.

My rant would be in a number of areas.
- why the fuck isn't there this study?
- how the fuck can doctors prescribe these drugs and call them antipsychotic when they may not be
- why the fuck has no doctor asked for this study?
- why the fuck has no mental health charity thought of this?
- how the fuck has this possible lie by psychiatry been perpetrated?
- why the fuck aren't psychiatrists looking for the answer to what patients want?

- how the fuck can society justify the deaths of people who take clozapine if it doesn't treat the fucking and supposed illness.

That ones easy and telling. They're mentally ill. Doctors, not society, provide their rights. Doctors are murderers. They know exactly what they're doing when they prescribe killer behavioural change chemicals to kill a phenotype.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"