Tuesday 31 May 2011

The ethics of a profession which uses social conditioning

How fucked is that?

But when thinking about the latter part of the biopsychsocial model of mental illness these thoughts are necessary.

Think about it. I argue there are other forces than what medicine treats in mental illness. One of those is social conditioning. This can be two parts: conditioning individuals specifically or the greater whole.

But this shit is fucked up. As fucked up as psychiatry.

Psychiatry has no basic ethics to the profession other than that of doctors, which it breaches.

As I argue for the profession to change society I know what their mode of thought could bring. Normalisation even more.

So there needs to be a philosophical and ethical framework. This was lacking when psychiatry was incieved but for what came with being a doctor. A whole new set of shit needs to be sorted out.

And it has to be real ideals. Not the shit that was behind too much other social stuff. Fuck practical. This, too often, leads to harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"