Wednesday 18 May 2011

Sociologist need to get their shit together

Psychiatry is a profession. Social psychiatry is little considered.

Society and the lack of influence or ability within psychiatry is the missing link in psychopathology and psychological distress...and perhaps even flourishing too.

People with biomedical training don't make good doctors though. They don't make good psychiatrists. The profession, independent of psychiatry, is yet brone, but it is necessary.

But society is ill. It is social anthropologists and people in the progressive mental health field who see this. Their needs to be a hegemony created and this comes not from medicine but from other paradigms.

I'm bored of criticising the paradigm of illness applied to the human condition as a way of actually making things better for individuals. Give me something else to fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"