Wednesday 18 May 2011

Cognitive psychology is run by lunatics

I assume this is what the posh name is for the art of talking bollocks. It's in relation to suicide and some of the "without lived experience" models of perjoratisation of thinking, being, personality or whatever else is often slandered by their version of science.

Edwin schneidman brought forth the great leap. He pioneered the research of suicide not through observation per se but through reading suicide notes.

Of course this method is limited because many don't leave suicide notes but many do. More can be taken from that which can help than the sort of bollocks that is passed about in psychology circles.

Suicide is something you just can't understand till you want to do it. Imagine what it's like with my experience? The university of life is a harsh teacher. It is also the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"