Monday 2 May 2011

Just something on evolution and psychiatry

In an crazy world I imagine a crazy scenario.

I step into a time machine and wonder back through the evolution of humankind.

I go back to the monkeys just at the time they're starting to walk upright. In this crazy world I see psychiatrist monkeys who see monkeys who walk upright as ill.

After all. These standing monkeys are different. Their brains may be different. Maybe even their biology. It must be an illness because they are different. They can fall over too. Clearly an illness because normal, or automoton, monkeys don't fall over.

These psychiatristy monkeys invent shackles and weights. They persuade the newly evolving species they're ill and those who question are forced back to the ground. Monkeys can only walk on all fours.

I watch the birth of the evolution of a superior monkey fettered and curtailed by the evolution police. I mean psychiatric monkeys. They stop the proloferation of a type of monkey they can't understand.

Why, after all, would any monkey want to stand up straight when normal monkeys walk on all fours?

They were right too. The standing up monkeys usurped the ground hugging ones, given time. Look at the state of the planet thanks to standing up monkeys. Humanity has self-harmed the planet.

Those psychiatric monkeys were clearly working in the best interests of the standing up monkeys, monkeys as a whole and the planet. Clearly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"