Sunday 22 May 2011

For about half my life since the age of 25 I accepted psychiatric treatment. I was never happy with it.

For the other half I've survived without psychiatric treatment. My internal experience of life has been better but my external reality is a wreck.

At the age of 25 I was a corporate tyke with all the ambition of people working for blue chip companies. For years is struggled with my new identity, the mad, and feared for my future because I of the madness.

Today I am become whaty my old me feared. I am sat here in tattered clothes with a bottle of wine sitting alone in a park writing to my blog on a cheap smartphone. My clothes match my life.

I have been tettering on the bring for months and perhaps years. Eventually I'm accepting my failure. I have changed so much since I was 25.

I tried to thrive but I failed. I'm bitter, empty, twisted and something of a wreck. So much so I can't even manage to see a doctor. I just escape to the park with the same bottle of wine and some herb.

I've suppressed or not felt the difference in me. It has hit me like a wave as others things in my psyche also topple.

I value sadness and madness and worry and all the other stuff. But there's only so much a human soul can take.

I don't even have the hope that in 4 years I can have a peaceful, civilised death. Dignitas exclude the mentally ill too.

The nhs are ready to capitalise on my sense of failure. I risk all manner of bad things but when I need help like this there is no where else to turn.

I need relief and the relief is a drug. I need to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"