Thursday 22 December 2011

The Few and young male suicide today

A few days ago I went down my local pub. It's great. It has lots of
books there. It has a lot of military book and I'll pick up and read
anything. I just like to dip in.

One of the books I picked up was about the RAF benevolent fund. It
brought tears to my eyes. Young men flew to their deaths to defend
London. The Few of Fighter Command.

"Never if the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so
few." The quote brings tears to my eyes even now.

What the fuck is killing young men now? Why are so many dying. fuck the
fact that the methods they chose often bring them success.

Perhaps it's because I'm a suicidal young man that I think about these
two things together. Perhaps it is the same mentality which was behind
the invention of the Foreign Legion. Suicidal men who had their heart
broken left society and went to war.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"