Wednesday 21 December 2011

Why equaliity?

Why the fuck not? Like we've got anything better to do with our lives but accumalate material wealth and social prestige. That doesn't work for human happiness, not once a person has it. So why not be miserable doing something useful.

Fuck though. This shitty argument for the drive for equality ain't enough.

How about the sentiment any schizophrenic or bipolar knows? We are born equal and we will die equal. What happens in between is just a product of a fucked up world, unless there is no difference to the middle and the beginning and the end of life. We should be equal in life.

What if I argued for human progress, but humanities progress has always depended on the full spectrum of humanity. Those who have driven the progress of humanity are usually of a type which would otherwise be disadvantaged because they were different. History picks out the disadvantaged which created human progress but we all forget those who do it every day by being different, and being disadvantaged in their own time because of it. What if equality is all what the greats of history achieve but so many more are unrecognised?

What if I played a guilt trip on you and said if you don't want equality then you're responsible for the deaths of those who are disadvantaged?

Or better yet, what the fuck? Why do I need to ask the question about why we fight for equality? The answer is obvious. It is the same as why do I breathe.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"