Wednesday 21 December 2011

I need to get some research done. Do I go to the dark side?

The research into whether antipsychotics are truly antipsychotic must be done otherwise all they are are a chemical cosh. They're a behavioural suppression chemical which kills. They're a convenience used to suppress unwanted behaviour.

Fuck. I sit here in a park drinking wine on my own as I write this. If I wasn't hidden away i'd be considered a mad vagrant. I know what society doesn't want and what it would do if people could see me drink my wine and smoke my spliffs while I write. The first person to have ect is described to have lived in his own filth. The psychiatrist didn't use any anesthitic. After the first shock the patient begged him not to do it again. The psychiatrist shocked him again. Today the treatment has been shown not to work.

Anyway. Do I go to Big Pharma with my idea? The pharmaceutical companies want to do what patients and politicians want. The public and patients expect antipsychotics to be antipsychotic. A psychiatrist might disagree.

There is no evidence a psychiatrist can use to give a patient who wants their delusions and hallucinations to stop the right drug for what they want. Any antipsychotic effect may be a placebo effect. I guess this from the German qualitative paper on clozapine. Few patients noticed any antipsychotic effect and those that did said the voices got a little fainter. It makes me think clozapine patients may be poor placebo responders. Some may only end up on the drug because they are not good placebo responders on the measure of effect on delusions and hallucinations.

So this could be corporate suicide too. If their drugs are not antipsychotic then what the fuck are they?

I know one thing. These drugs kill the patient and don't offer better outcomes in the long run.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"