Wednesday 21 December 2011

Mens rea and death

I'm no lawyer but I can grasp a basic idea. In UK law mens rea is the
principle of culpability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mens_rea#England

"Criminal negligence: the actor did not actually foresee that the
particular consequences would flow from his actions, but a reasonable
person, in the same circumstances, would have foreseen those consequences"

The government didn't see the dementia deaths as anything but a medical
accident. Were it any other industry it would be corporate manslaughter.
Instead the Department of Health wrote back to me saying they're still
fucking doing it.

I'm no lawyer but I thought the difference between a cock up and a fuck
up is when doctors continue to keep killing the elderly for their behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"