Tuesday 19 July 2011

And the charities

Shit. Forgot that. The charities and the body of psychiatry (as well as
some political stuff) took over from what the church and monarchy did
for the people.

Perhaps the old systems remained to serve as checks and balances but if
so they forgot their role. The message at the core of religions - beyond
the dogma and rituals - is what is at the core of science-based modern
movement but it makes the same mistakes as monarchs and religoous
organisations.

Be it we're born equal and die equal or Every child and adult and elder
matters. Be it love thy neighbour or resilient communities. Be it the
message never to be too pious or the story of Batman and what is a dark
character....hmm...that last one wasn't great. Anyway.....be it the
return to the garden of Eden or the quest for utopia/dystopia...there is
a general trend...but there are so many fuck ups and failures.

The body know as psychiatry and the medico-legal framework surrounding
the medicalisation of the human condition are fucked up but the checks
and balances of the older paradigms and systems which could have stood
up and said...hold on a minute....it might not be an illness?...we're
doing what...

Bah. Fuck knows what I'm going on about. This is a bit I thought after I
wrote the post below. My mind babbles and rambles and rants about stuff
which people can probably make sense of if they're kind enough to
forgive the lack of...well everything but some crazy thoughts about
stuff and shit. Not a lot of this probably makes sense at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"