Friday 22 July 2011

Flourishing

A new continuum of mental health and healthcare.

It is possibly the hardest one so far. I think it's about a person
reaching their potential though in practice in may mean specifically a
person reaching their potential maximum value for society's gain. I
don't know the original definition.

It could easily be seen as a new continuum based on this simple
definition I'm whipped up for the purposes of this post. I heard about
ti from my ex-girlfriend and she heard about it from Dr Jo Nurse. How it
may sit and fit with other definitions of mental illness and health -
psychopathology and distress being the two main ones - is an interesting
thing to consider in itself.

Fuck it. Who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"