Wednesday 13 July 2011

What is an oath?

When a doctor finally graduates as a doctor they take an oath. It is
called the Hippocratic Oath. It is not called the Hippocratic Maybe.

It has changed over the years so it can still pretend to be an oath to
first do no harm. Doctors treat cancer and stuff by inducing illnesses.
They use harsh and dangerous treatments which harm to heal.

They also perform abortions, assisted suicide (regardless of the law
doctors have been performing assisted suicides), cosmetic surgery and,
of course, the whole bullshit of the human condition consider as an
illness and treated by biomedical means.

There has been centuries of harm and slaughter by doctors in clear
violation of this oath. Without the oath more harm can be done to the
human race and progress than is already being done.

Doctors have allowed society to get more and more ill, harmed for social
convenience and killed for sociopolitical reasons. Is it just me or is
there anyone else who thinks this sort of shit in the name of medicine,
by the profeession of healers, should stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"