Thursday 28 July 2011

Lest we forget...

...the last great war, the Second World War.

Men and women cross the world sacrificed their lives. Men, women and
children died in their millions to stop Hitler and the Axis powers from
conquering the world.

Lest we forget their sacrifices we build monuments...

..but we have too easily forgotten their sacrifices and the continued
sacrifices of those who go to die so we have peace, freedom, justice and
democracy.

Those who live in the peace which they sacrificed for have failed. The
last of the generation who fought for us are dying and the generations
which came after them and enjoyed the fruits of their labour have
squandered it.

Each and every one of us is guilty of this failure. We forgot their
sacrifices and we forget to sacrifice our lives. We forgot to live by
their example and we forget to look after those who sacrifice their
lives for our peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"