Saturday 23 July 2011

Ethical principles of American psychologists

These are meant to be their guiding principles outlined on page 3.
http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/index.aspx

It makes interesting reading. They're good but they still fall somewhat short and, in my personal experience, many mental health professionals fall on the wrong side of the judgement call.

I'm probably guilty of this myself. I do harm. I have lied at many points in my life. I have withheld truths. I have breached confidences of trust.

I think I'm immoral, filled with vengeance and have a bitter, black heart. There may be reasons for this and this may be effect rather than cause though I'm sure this darkness within me causes many effects too.

I take easy routes far too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"