Monday 25 July 2011

The right to exist as we are and want to be but without that being a detriment to our opportunities in life in any way

This is something I would want for everyone. There are extremes which
might not make it realistic, for example a person who has one hand but
wants to be a guitarist....hmm....or perhaps someone could design a
guitar they could play with one hand or using their feet and one hand.

There are probably better examples of where this right would be a
problem but I have a lot of faith in humanity...for all that bad stuff
which has happened to me...

The thing is...if we're going to create heaven on Earth and it not be a
hell it's going to take some heavy thinking about stuff. This succinct
principle is aligned with the ideas of the disability and equality
movement...but I wonder how it could become an unintentional harm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"