Tuesday 19 July 2011

You know what they say about a man with big shoes?

Big feet. And big socks.

This joke is based on the association of foot size and penis length.
Otherwise it isn't funny. It's just obvious.

It's also a random way to start talking about what we know about an
individual from a label. Any label.

What do we know anything about an individual from the label? Be it sex
or sexuality, gender or race, creed or conviction, mental health
diagnosis or lack of diagnosis ever (or other demarcations created by
the language of dividing up the human race which might change or bias
our personal interpretation of the individual)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"