Saturday 30 July 2011

Why don't the mentally ill stop smoking?

I would guess that the last remaining smokers often have a diagnosis or
could get a diagnosis.

I would guess many people would ask why the mentally ill don't stop
smoking? It is, after all, going to reduce their life expectancy.

There is a simple reason. They're fucking cool. Those who so easily
stopped smoking only started because they wanted to be cool. They're the
sort of people easily swayed by peer pressure. When the peer pressure
changes they change with it.

The mentally ill on the other hand. They're just cool and that's why
they'll keep smoking when it's uncool to smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"