Friday 22 July 2011

How many of our answers to important questions in mental health are simply a result of our conditioning?

Take America for example. One of the founding ideas is the right to the
pursuit of happiness. There was no right to the pursuit of misery. If,
today, a member of the America public was asked what is important or
what is mental health many answers may reflect the ideas of the founding
fathers of the USA.

Bugger. That sort of buggers a democratic mental health system because
the answers may simply be the answers of people in history who, perhaps,
got it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"