Friday 3 September 2010

And who is the national celebrity for antisocial personality disorder?

or who's the famous psycho(path)?

Psychopathy is very highly stigmatised even in mental healthcare. It's
also the extension of a personality trait that can be successful in many
areas of life. The film American Psycho tells the tale of a psychopathic
banker though it doesn't portray a positive image. It's a more positive
image than Natural Born Killers perhaps. But there's little understand
that a person can be highly successful with hidden or undiagnosed
psychopathy because not everyone who has that diagnosis is immoral or
breaks natural law.

Again, the identification of the celebrity willing to speak out and
become recognised amongst the other psychopaths as different could
change the stigma. It could also give hope to those diagnosed with that
label and give them the hope that they too can be a success in life
rather than a serial killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"