Saturday 25 September 2010

The problem of mental illness

It's nearly 33 years of living this life.

In that time I've travelled the far reaches of the human mind. I still
do and will do.

My psychopathology varies though. There are times when I'm normal.
There are times when I can hide the insanity. There are times when I
can't fight the irrationality.

Inside I'm chaos but on the outside I'm like a swan on the water. Most
days at least. There are times when I'm like a swan on land.

Those small moments where I'm on land can scar my life forever. This is
the problem of mental illness.

There are periods where I heal those scars and repair. Those are the
good times. I'm lucky I have the capability and capacity. Other people
can learn to have the capability to survive and gain the courage to keep
on going no matter what..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"