Friday 24 September 2010

What if...

....history had been different and the Mongol culture had taken over the
world. Their war-like culture valued aggression, arrogance and the power
of an individual's will. They achieved world peace by total domination
but they also developed a mental illness system.

They noticed that people with Parkinson's disease lacked the sort of
qualities they wanted in normal individuals. They realised that people
who were different to the norm in this parallel universe were ill in
some way and have a brain problem. They realised cocaine could induce
the correct dopamine response in these malformed individuals.

Their mental illness system pathologised a totally different subset of
the human race. The meek. However they treated physical illnesses the
same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"