Thursday 2 September 2010

Physicians oath

This is reposted from the Facebook Mental Care group based on the
Physician's Oath of 1968.

"
I solemnly pledge to consecrate my life to the service of humanity. I
will give to my teachers the respect and gratitude that is their due. I
will practice my profession with conscience and dignity. The health of
my patients will be my number one first consideration. I will respect
the secrets that are confided in me, even after my patient has died. I
will maintain by all the means in my power, the honor and the noble
traditions of the medical profession. My colleagues will be my sisters
and brothers. I will not permit considerations of age, disease or
disability, creed, ethnic origin, gender, race, political affiliation,
nationality, sexual orientation, social standing or any other fact to
intervene between my duty and my patient. I will maintain the utmost
respect for human life. I will not use my medical knowledge to violate
human rights and civil liberties, even under threat. I make these
promises solemnly, freely and upon my honor.
"

I think it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"