Sunday 12 September 2010

A startling case of hearing voices diagnosing cancer

A difficult case: Diagnosis made by hallucinatory voices
http://www.bmj.com/content/315/7123/1685.extract
Ikechukwu Obialo Azuonye
BMJ 1997; 315 : 1685 (Published 20 December 1997)

"
A previously healthy woman began to hear hallucinatory voices telling
her to have a brain scan for a tumour. The prediction was true; she was
operated on and had an uneventful recovery.
"

Yeah. That's pretty cool huh?

It's n noteworthy the author, a consultant psychiatrist, is black. Many
people from other cultures wouldn't have attempted to get this case
study published in the British Medical Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"