Friday 3 September 2010

I wish there was such a thing as a mental health hospital

Or perhaps it would be better if I used the term "well being." I
envisage a pl,ace where I could go to get better. It would be somewhere
designed around mental health rather than psychiatric principles. It
would be a place where my disfigured mind and soul could be healed, not
where I'd have my liberty removed, my human rights violated and living
with the Damocles sword of forced medication and acute tranquilisation.
It would be a place free of fear. It would be designed around the
principles of positive mental health, where practioners would be sages
rather than jailers constantly monitoring and writing notes on me for
the psychiatrist. There would be no labels and there would be no judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"