Wednesday 29 September 2010

Tired of life

Someone mentioned their grandfather died recently. They explained that
he'd wanted to die for a long time and death was something he looked
forward to. I got the impression that he'd reached a certain age and had
had enough of life. The rest of it seemed pointless. He died of natural
causes but I guess had he wanted to live longer he could have.

I totally know how that old man felt. I don't have his years or feel the
physical tiredness he may feel. I feel the emptiness though. The
tiredness feels at a deeper level. If I had a pistol and ball I'd put it
to my temples right now. It's that sort of tiredness.

How do people 'treat' tiredness of life? I've tried a variety of drugs
including the strongest legal antidepressant. I found the most effective
drug for me was the right type of skunk but getting that reliably wasn't
possible, and tainted skunk caused a lot of damage to my life. The
hashish I'm smoking at the moment has a very potent antipsychotic
effect, i.e. it's good a calming me without making me sleep. I still
makes me feel tired though the tiredness isn't the same as the constant
psychache tiredness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"