Thursday 14 April 2011

Another study on suicide and natural disasters I can't read

This study only uses one dataset but it looks at suicidality rather than
completed suicides. This covers the pre-states which lead people to make
attemtps.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21319554

I can't read the study so I really should post the conclusions but it's
important to show how one study says shit all.

"
CONCLUSIONS: There was a reported increase of suicidal cognitions and
attempts within 12 months following a natural disaster. Awareness of
increased suicidality, attention to associated risk factors, and support
regarding these may help in the prevention of suicide following disasters.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"