Tuesday 19 April 2011

I think 4 years is a reasonable amount of time to a suicide

In fact it's a bloody long time. 4 months might be better and for most people who want to kill themselves 4 days would be better still.

The point of waiting is only for the hope of an assisted death. This hope has been dashed. Those that take a person with physical illnesses life with a 5 day wait won't help a person who is willing to wait 4 years because he knows how people use mental illness to take a person's free choice away.

4 years was a reasonable time. 1 year would still be reasonable. 4 months would also be reasonable. Reasonable in the sense it showed the decision to die was not a quick one nor a rash decision. Reasonable in my thinking in that it gave me 4 years to find a solution to live too. Reasonable because I might take my life in those 4 years.

I've picked the day but will ruminate on the method. I don't have to wait since there's no option for a civilised death and this was the hope that drove me to wait. I haven't had much suicidal ideation recently nonetheless on reflection if my heart stopped now then today would be a good day.

When I decided to wait it was only with the hope of a peaceful death I could plan towards. I started to work towards it and I think I'll continue. There are many options.

4 years is a long time for anyone. Perhaps 1 year might be better. For the moment I'll stick with waiting 4 years but this may change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"