Monday 4 April 2011

A day when it's good to be an antitheist

First of all it's probably worth explaining what an antitheist is. It's
a person who knows god exists and hates god. In fact it's a bit more
complex than that. Ultimnately god just is. Value judgements are what
humans place upon it. Regardless of this I am happy to be an antitheist
today.

About 5 months ago I started working back at a company a friend of mine
owns. It isn't doing what I want to do with my life but it pays better.
The job is an unusual one. It had its perks,. I could work wherever and
whenever as long as I got the job done. It's hard to say whether I got
the job done or not. My work is incomplete but it's just little things
left to finish off.

I have worked hard. I hate working full time but I did it. Full time
meant more than 35 hours a week. I have to know my stuff so I went deep
into the area where I was working. I read far and wide. I thought a lot
and I think that's where my greatest value is outside mental health. I
did a unique job and I think I did it well. I worked very hard. I have
up a lot. All so I could do well at this job.

I had a mental block on getting an invoice done. These happen to me. I
can't control them.. Thankfully I got over this one. I managed to get an
invoice in about a month or so ago.

It turns out I may not get paid now. All that work and sacrifice is for
nothing. I've worked doing a job I don't like to get lots of money for
one reason. I want to start my own charity and the money from my job
would have funded it. I was working as hard as any other corporate
tosser making money for the man but not to improve my worldly wealth and
possession. I was doing it to start a fucking charity.

Now I'm virtually penniless. I've switched into a self-destructive cycle
because of the stress. The faint light at the end of the long dark
tunnel of the last few months has turned out to be a false hope. As has
my other hope. Dignitas.

If I believed in god then this would be a dark day. It is anyway. But
antitheism offers a great answer to my pain. And I can drink...for today
at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"