Tuesday 5 April 2011

So I want you to suffer? Hell no. Are you ready to suffer for you?

There is a signifcant increase in mental distress in the UK because of changes to the welfare system.

I disagree with the changes. I disagree with the method. But there is a hope for what I believe in.

The potential of the mentally ill is wasted by the benefits system. It is another way to remove us from society. It becomes easy to forget we still have a purpose. We have a value. Even in the shitty modern construct in the uk.

It is denied by benefits. All people with severe disability are excluded from being seen. This is achieved by the option of worklessness.

I know people on benefits who work. They just don't get paid for it. I'm not talking about volunteering per se. I'm talking about the benefit the mentally ill provide regaqrdless of the acceptqance within society of the value they provide.

Fuck it though. They're still represswed and exscluded. Our faces are rarely seen with jobs. A subtle continuation of the problems of the Great Confinement.

I separate myself from the group in one area. I suffer. I work. I have my reasons.

An important one is my cause is not served by removing myself and my being. If anyone campaigns with the belief in social contact theory then they'll agree. I never stop working. I won't have my kind excluded.

My choice is misery and suffering which others experience for different reasons. We are all not work shy. I just accept the misery of paid workers.

Are my kin willing to accept the suffering to achieve a goal which is important to us? I have not yet had the answer.

What I will tell you is that if the disabled care for their kind in the same mode as me then we have to fight to regain our place in society. That's going to take painj but...well...pain is daily life for me.

I have a purpose and a cause though. I come to fight with my dying breath. Pain? Ha ha ha. Fuck you. I know it better than anyone.

If I feared pain in the pursuit of my cause, my dignity or the figt for mine and your rights...I would be dead already and by my hand.

Are you willing to suffer to ensure future generations of the mentally ill are protected?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"