Tuesday 5 April 2011

These men may be killing themselves but they're heroes

The mentality which drives people to take their life is also related to
the heroism of the Japanese workers who continued to work on the nuclear
power plant when the rest fled for fear of their lives. These people are
killing themselves. It is a horrible death too. It may be slow and
progressive but painful.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1367125/Japan-tsunami-Fukushima-Fifty-suicide-mission-battle-nuclear-meltdown.html

Japan has an exceptional suicide rate. 1 every 15 minutes. Suicide is
part of the honour culture. But so is this sort of bravery.

This facet of people to risk their lives for something may be linked to
some of the suicides in peaceful times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"