Sunday 24 April 2011

How do you commission for something you don't see?

Gps are about to be responsible for pretty much the entire of the nhs.

I assume part of the reason is their interaction with patients. But what about those they don't see?

A large number of people don't see their gp. Many suffer. Many need specially designed services. People in the policy field - I hope - recognise this. The gp on the other hand might guess their patients represent the local population. They don't. Only those who see gps. That's all. Most of my group end up dead sooner. Gps care about it but don't think about it. Its not their learning.

Its great to have services for people who acess services. What about those that don't. Its stupid to ask for services for people who don't access services but I'm stupid. How the fuck are they going to actually do a doctors job when they don't help those who don't access services.

I'm sure there are charities all around the world seeking to mae sure people die later. I really hope they care and campaign for the small number who chose not to access services. I couldn't tell you a solution because I only know the problem from personal experience. I've got a fucking PhD in that shit.

I have no way to finish this current post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"