Wednesday 20 April 2011

Suicide is no longer a crime but it doesn't matter if society shifts to considering this sole symptom a mental illness

Values on suicide aren't objective. There are different views held across the planet at different times.

In the UK suicide is not illegal anymore. It is also a symptom of mental illness. It is one of many used to make a diagnosis. 80% to 90% of suicde is mental illness apparently but here we have the problem of definitions. Those, out of compassion, who wanyt to control another person can attempt to say all suicide is mental illness. Such is the problem of the undefined concept.

I want to die and have done for a long time. Someone might say that's depression. It's not. But if they do then they can stick me in a psych ward and try to modify me. If the modification without consent doesn't work they can imprison me indefinitely, regardless of my mental state.

So nothing's really changed apart from the prison someone wakes up in after an attempt. At least prisoners have justice and human rights. People in psych wards don't. Prisoners serve their time. Patients have no fixed incarceration. Once a psychiatrist decides the mental disorder has gone then they're free. Once all brain washing and thought modification has been done a person is free except if it fails in which case UK law allows their indefinite incarceration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"