Saturday 30 April 2011

Smashing my head into a brick wall

Its a metaphor I sadly turned into practice once. It is perhaps better expressed in Chinese idioms or what Bruce Lee says..

It was something which might make sense to dedicated activists.

Try smashing your head against a brick wall. It hurts. Keep trying and the pain feels less. The blood is more though. Keep trying through the blood seeping and stinging your eyes. This is pure madness but the dedication pays off even if its a phyric victory.

Bruce Lee and others said it better. The metaphor is about continued pressure. My metaphor speaks of the pain. And the blindness too. Sometimes the dripping blood obscures vision and the pain messes up thought. We can become blinded by the pain of smashing our heads against supposedly immovable brick walls.

Just got to keep doing it. I don't have a rocket launcher. I have a skull which can take a beating and a wall which will, eventually, crumble.

I think long term campaigners understand. I think the rest call us mad. They think a cracked skull is dumb. They don't see the cracked wall which others can walk past without the blood and pain.

They're the smart ones. Us fools keep smashing our skulls and bleeding and dying to open up the holes in the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"