Tuesday 26 April 2011

Measuring lack of care by the nhs

There is a stastic collected by the NHS Information Service for the number of people who refuse secondary mental healthcare having been refused in a year. It is surprisingly high.

What isn't recorded is the number of people who have been refused secondary mental health services having been referred. It might be 1. Just me.

1 is too many and knowing psychologists I think the number is higher. They have fewer professional standards and, from my experience, are less compassionate than doctors. They can certainly refuse someone who is suicidal access to mental healthcare regardless of whether they often or rarely seek help from mental health services, in my personal experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"