Sunday 3 April 2011

Thanks to a bint

I used to think the therapist who denied me help when I asked for it was a bint. She isn't. She was a person who's part of my journey. A journey which I wish would end soon.

The GP acquiesed to my request for help. Even the psychiatrist who eventually saw me and was fairly incompetent agreed to my request. He did so without a diagnosis however I suspect it was noted anyway. His lack of effort as a diagnostician was clear and it was clear, to me, he was seeking a label rather than doing his job.

Regardless, it was the prejudiced therapist who helped me on my journey. After several months of waiting she denied me help. Most people would be angry and I was at the time. But through her prejudice she helped me towards me killing myself.

My thanks to the bint. She is an example of everything wrong with mental healthcare but she was an essential part in helping me come to the absolute decision to kill myself. For that I am thankful. Her prejudice meant I suffered and came to a decision through my suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"