Sunday 3 April 2011

How sick is society?

If psychiatry ever woke up to the completeness of the modern paradigm of mental illness then they'd ask this question.

They'd need measures. Here's one. 6000 people a year kill themselves in the UK. Here's another. 1 in 6 people think about killing themselves in their lifetime.

Two measures right there of society's sickness. But let me extend this further. There has been a movement to change this but it far too often focuses on denying people the choice and methods to take their life.

As someone in that position I can see evidence of this. It works too but it is no success. It doesn't heal the illness. Just attempts to deal with symptoms. It is censorship and unethical. It means people like me have to seek messy ways to end our lives. It is inhumane in that respect. We deserve peace.

Fuck. What am I talking about? Psychiatry is so much about this mode. Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"