Friday 1 April 2011

Societies worst punishment is exclusion and incarceration

Since the UK hasn't hanged anyone for a long time the worst punishment is incarceration. Imprisonment removes the person from society and takes their liberty.

Other punishments exist. A criminal record. In practice this excludes a person from many areas of employment.

There is also the exclusion caused by debt and bankrupcy. Financial exclusion and the prison of poverty.

Those punishments are the worst that just society will do to an individual.

And then there's the lives of the mentally ill. These punishments can be daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"