Saturday 30 April 2011

Heroes

I've had to deal with an internal process which makes this accusation.

I must dismiss it. Its not just that even if it were true. Its that I don't do what I do for self aggrandisement. At least I try not to. Its a dark path. I don't do what I do to do anything but live. I can't allow the false label to be accepted because I fear it would start a path to being a total wanker instead of a partial one.

It is so hard though. Constantly there is a part of me which seems not me which puts this view forward. I which is the I I feel is I has to fight against this. Perhaps that's why I'm so hardened to the outside world. Battling the inside one is practice in a way.

Objectively I'm not a hero. I'm a failure in my goals. I've had little impact or good impact. I'm a tosser a lot of the time. The evidence of lost friendships and loved is enough. I live at home. I am lonely. Obsessed. A poor communicator. A turd you couldn't shine. Those things don't get in the way too much because through all the negativity I can still keep working, producing and fighting what I percieve to be the good fight.

Ultimately I'm probably just a megalomanic who's shit at it. I've been accused of this and I respect those who can see this aspect.

People like Gandhi are real heroes. They perfected the art of fighting without fighting.

I don't even want to be a hero. I want to be a drunk abd a drug addict happy with a high. That shit doesn't work for me. Not in the way I want it to.. my last hope is my work will at least provide me a reason to continue when the everlasting high of addiction didn't.

Who the fuck would even want to be a hero? They're things we see in movies and I admit when I watch them I do. But seriously? The films don't tell the truth.

Gandhi was beaten shitless. He starved and suiffered to make his point. His life was ended by a bullet.

Actually, if that's the end of a hero then damn it. I will work even harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"