Saturday 2 July 2011

Send a crazy to fight a crazy

I wonder if this is the sort of thing that proves the existence of god. I'm not sure. I just don't know how Winston Churchill was ever elected as a leader. He was the right type of leader though for the right moment. He was up against a talented psychopath. Luckily he was a drunk treating his depression or manic depression. I don't know if hitler drank but I know churchill did.

He said really good stuff off the cuff. I suspect he also talked a lot of crap but history remembers only the good stuff and the stories get inflated over time. Without a photo of churchill people in a few hundred years might hear that he was ten foot tall and breathed fire.

He was just a crazy person but there at the right time. The prime minster before was soft and kind and gentle. He would have never allowed strategic bombing of german civilians. To many the very idea of killing civilians is disgusting.

Churchill was as much of a cunt as hitler. But without being a cunt the war would be lost. There would have been no dunkirk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"