Tuesday 3 August 2010

LSD, Special K and Ecstasy for better mental health!

LSDImage by Hugger Industries via Flickr


This story was published a few hours ago in Time magazine.

Is Ketamine a Quick Fix for Hard-to-Treat Depression? by John Cloud

I think the study authors would be a little more conservative in their reporting of the results however the people who end up in these experimental drug trials in the US are people with severe conditions where other treatments haven't worked and the prognosis is likely to be poor.

It follows another article written in Time magazine a fortnight ago.

Cloud, J. 2010, Ecstasy Shows Promise in Relieving PTSD

I also reported on LSD being used to treat mental ill health in an earlier blog post.

As Simon and Garkfunkel sung,
"Oh the times they are a changing."


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"