Friday 13 August 2010

Mantra's to help with bleakness

By mantra I mean a phrase that has meaning enough to keep you going
through the hardest times. It can be a thought, a memory or a phrase.

"It will get better" is a simple one.

"survive and thrive"

"It's two steps forward and one step back"

There are smarter people who have come up with better things than those.

"I can do this" may be a simple one. Whatever it is is personal. Seek
the one that works for you.

It may be a quote which has meaning. This is one of my favourite sites.
http://www.brainyquote.com/

This may sound patronising or pointless for a person who is in an
intensely miserable state. I admit some very negative mantras have got
me through the darkest patches. The purpose of this is to maintain some
sort of 'light' even when the tunnel looks like it's totally black. It
is that individual sliver of hope that must be maintained because
without it the pitch black will crush the hardiest heart and wither the
strongest soul.

I can only imagine that explorers who climb Everest or trek the arctic
use a technique like this when it looks like there's no hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"