Thursday 19 August 2010

What to do with a mosquito?

I sat in a pub last night with a mosquito buzzing around me. I
wouldn't kill it of course. That's just a waste. I blew on it when it
landed on my hand but it came back.

A thought occurred. That mosquito has a short life. All it wanted was to
eat. So I let it bite me. It didn't hurt me. And I've lost more blood in
other ways. At least this went to something good.

Sure. This morning my hand has a small bump but that will fade. I'm
happy the mosquito ate.

I suppose this piece is about living in harmony with the environment.
James Lovelock's Gaia theory and all that stuff. The blood loss and the
soreness this morning made little difference to me but it meant a good
meal for the mosquito.

And I felt good about something, something I'd done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"